An escrow account is often used to mitigate risks in financial transactions across borders. We offer extensive experience in providing escrow services. Our specialists will work through the process and due diligence requirements with you and your advisors at every stage until successful completion of the escrow arrangement.
Mitigating risk acting as a trusted, independent, third party in various transactions including:
- Corporate acquisitions
- Luxury items including yachts and aircraft
- Real estate
- Trading deals
- Joint Ventures
SMP as the escrow agent - superior client service specified to your needs
Having a wide range of clients across a variety of industries and locations, SMP understands that each escrow arrangement is time sensitive and that parties usually want to have bespoke conditions for the payment and release of escrow funds.
- Licensed, independent, impartial and trusted escrow agent.
- Swift and streamlined procedures for due diligence screening of all relevant parties.
- Assistance in drafting of escrow agreements, working closely with both escrow parties to create a final version of the escrow agreement that fully reflects the needs of both parties.
- Open and manage segregated escrow accounts in any major currency from a number of different jurisdictions.
- Secure control over assets throughout the life cycle of a critical transaction.
- Wide range of institutional and individual clients across a variety of industries.
- Cross-border knowledge and access to a wide network of advisors in key jurisdictions.
We also offer additional services, such as:
- Establishment and management of Special Purpose Vehicles for the purposes of becoming a party of the escrow agreement where multiple payouts are required.
- Establishment and administration of a trust for the same purpose.
- Bookkeeping and provision of accounting relating to the payouts through a company or trust.