From start-up video games developers to established e-wallet and payment providers, effective corporate solutions that harness the global appeal of the internet.
The Isle of Man is increasingly recognised as a key location for e-business operations and the provision of electronic services.
Its advanced telecommunications infrastructure, low tax environment and advantageous VAT position make it highly attractive to e-businesses from around the world. Not only has the Island attracted some of the most well known online gaming and betting companies, it is now playing host to a wide range of technology intensive businesses.
With the proactive support from Government and the Island's professional community, the Isle of Man offers an extensive package of benefits to technology intensive businesses:
- State of the art telecommunications infrastructure with resilient high capacity fibre optic cables
- State of the art business continuity/disaster recovery facilities widely available
- High internet and ADSL penetration
- Island wide mobile data (GPRS)
- Quality of service to world standards
- High quality web hosting/co-location
- 100% broadband availability
- Short lead times for telephone and broadband installation
- Higher speed connectivity for business available via extensive Island wide fibre and radio networks
- Legislation that provides the necessary legal framework for e-Commerce to grow
- Generous DTI financial packages of support to qualifying businesses
- Effective consumer and data protection legislation
- Flexible employment and work permit provisions allowing for the relocation of business critical staff into the Island