We are always interested to receive CVs and applications from like-minded professionals working within company, trust, or fund administration, tax and accounting, or digital sectors, whether resident in any of our home jurisdictions or looking to relocate.
IT Systems Engineer (Isle of Man Office)/* * Job detail page **/?>
Information technology is at the heart of everything we do as it helps us to communicate, keep employees engaged, and encourages collaboration across our global organisation. As our information requirements grow and evolve, we need more intelligent systems and processes to support us. To ensure that we are always at peak performance, we require an analytical individual to help us maintain these systems and facilitate our business goals.
As IT Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for providing business-as-usual support across the Group and helping to construct a best practice infrastructure build. You will also continue to progress IT projects and support the implementation of our Microsoft Dynamics NAV software as well as refreshing our VMware virtual desktop environment. You will also have the opportunity to:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure across the organisation to proactively maintain the highest levels of availability;
- Install, configure, test, and maintain existing operating systems, application software, and system management tools;
- Monitor and test application performance to identify potential bottlenecks and solutions, and work with suppliers to implement those fixes;
- Provide second and third-level support with troubleshooting and resolving all technical issues when they arise; and
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
You will be an analytical individual with proven experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting VMware Horizon VDI-based environments. The following attributes would also be advantageous:
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of Virtual Desktop Images;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Windows Server Features (AD, GP, DNS etc.)
- Experience with monitoring systems;
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills including attention to detail, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills; and
- The ability to work as an individual as well as part of a team.
SMP offers a competitive salary, performance-related bonus, and a flexible benefits package, which includes healthcare, childcare assistance, pension scheme, and more. You will also be provided with the training and career opportunities you would expect with an established, ambitious, and people-focused group of companies.
Our offices are located on the picturesque North Quay in Douglas, providing easy access to the town centre where you will find a large choice of eateries to enjoy with your team at lunch or after work. We're also well-known for our charitable contributions and annual parties, so it's not just work you can get excited about.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.