We are always interested to receive CVs and applications from like-minded professionals working within company, trust, or fund administration, tax and accounting, or eGaming, whether resident in any of our home jurisdictions or looking to relocate.
In-House Legal Counsel (Isle of Man Office)/* * Job detail page **/?>
Looking for a change from the private practice environment? The SMP Group of Companies has the job for you.
The SMP Group is a large, rapidly growing multi-jurisdictional group of companies that provides a multitude of services including trusts, company management, tax, accounting, eGaming, and funds. We are looking for a qualified legal professional to join us as an In-House Legal Counsel to help us navigate the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment we encounter throughout our rapidly evolving international business.
This is an exciting opportunity to embark on a different career path with many new experiences and valuable learning experiences you will not get in private practice. You will have the opportunity to:
- Partner with the organisation to understand its legal requirements and work with us to provide viable and tangible solutions
- Deliver legal advice and support across all of our specialist fields through both front and back office functions
- Forge close working relationships with internal teams and external advisors
- Use your legal knowledge to transform the business and develop legal frameworks to inform the strategic direction of the SMP Group
- Be in the unique position to appreciate both the organisation’s internal legal needs and how they dovetail with our overarching purpose and goals
- You will have a problem-solving nature, be able to work independently and possess a can-do attitude to resolve queries with practical solutions. Ideally, you will be qualified as an advocate though we are willing to consider people otherwise legally qualified.
You will be part of a small friendly in-house legal team and work alongside a broad range of subject matter experts across the business as the department continues to grow.
Training opportunities will be provided, and we have the flexibility to allow you to manage your own development and be an active participant in shaping your future.
Our offices are located in our headquarters building on North Quay in Douglas, providing easy access to the town centre where you will find a large choice of eateries and restaurants to enjoy with your team at lunch or after work. We’re also well-known for our charitable contributions and annual parties, so it’s not just the work you can get excited about.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, performance related bonus and a comprehensive flexible benefits package, which may include flexible working hours, healthcare, childcare assistance, and pension scheme. Full training will be given together with the career opportunities commensurate with a growing team sitting within a large independent group of companies.
Due to the nature of this position, you may prefer to contact our In-House Lawyer, Kevin Goldie on +44 1624 683242 for further information or to discuss this post. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.