We are always interested to receive CVs and applications from like-minded professionals working within company, trust, or fund administration, tax and accounting, or digital sectors, whether resident in any of our home jurisdictions or looking to relocate.
Fund Accountant (Isle of Man Office)/* * Job detail page **/?>
The SMP Group is a rapidly developing professional services group of companies with a global client base serviced from offices in seven jurisdictions worldwide. We offer a wide array of services, within which our fund administration offering has been identified as a key potential growth engine over the coming years. With this growth in our sights, we are looking for a recently qualified accountant to join our Isle of Man team.
As a Fund Accountant, you will:
- Review valuations and accounting records for a broad range of offshore funds and associated special purpose vehicles and fund management companies.
- Improve and maintain our internal control environment to ensure efficiencies and compliance with accounting standards, collective investment scheme regulations, and fund constitutional documents.
- Problem solve and develop solutions for complex accounting or technical situations.
- Invoice and approve fund fees and expenses.
- Build and strengthen client relationships by providing expert, value added, and efficient service.
The role is ideal for a newly qualified accountant, ideally with experience in the audit of collective investment schemes and accounting and valuation of investments. The following attributes would also be advantageous:
- Knowledge of the regulatory and compliance environment required for managing and administering collective investment schemes.
- Knowledge of investments, including accounting for financial derivatives and other structured products.
- Knowledge of fund accounting systems and the interfaces for the automated upload of investment prices, trades, and other information from investment managers and brokers.
SMP offers a performance-related bonus and a benefits package, which includes healthcare, childcare assistance, pension scheme, and more. You will also be provided with the training and career opportunities you would expect with an established, ambitious, and people-focused group of companies.
Our offices are located on the picturesque North Quay in Douglas, providing easy access to the town centre where you will find a large choice of eateries to enjoy with your team at lunch or after work. We're also well-known for our charitable contributions and annual parties, so it's not just the work you can get excited about.
Think you’ve got what it takes? To apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.