We are always interested to receive CVs and applications from like-minded professionals working within company, trust, or fund administration, tax and accounting, or digital sectors, whether resident in any of our home jurisdictions or looking to relocate.
Fund Accountant (Isle of Man Office)/* * Job detail page **/?>
The SMP Group is a rapidly developing professional services group of companies with a global client base serviced from offices in seven jurisdictions worldwide. We offer a wide array of services, within which our fund administration offering has been identified as a key potential growth engine over the coming years. With this growth in our sights, we are looking for a recently qualified accountant to join our Isle of Man team.
As a Fund Accountant, you will:
- Review valuations and accounting records for a broad range of offshore funds and associated special purpose vehicles and fund management companies.
- Improve and maintain our internal control environment to ensure efficiencies and compliance with accounting standards, collective investment scheme regulations, and fund constitutional documents.
- Problem solve and develop solutions for complex accounting or technical situations.
- Invoice and approve fund fees and expenses.
- Build and strengthen client relationships by providing expert, value added, and efficient service.
The role is ideal for a newly qualified accountant, ideally with experience in the audit of collective investment schemes and accounting and valuation of investments. The following attributes would also be advantageous:
- Knowledge of the regulatory and compliance environment required for managing and administering collective investment schemes.
- Knowledge of investments, including accounting for financial derivatives and other structured products.
- Knowledge of fund accounting systems and the interfaces for the automated upload of investment prices, trades, and other information from investment managers and brokers.
We offer competitive compensation and the remuneration for this role will depend on qualifications and experience. We also offer a performance-related bonus and a flexible benefits package that includes healthcare, childcare assistance, pension scheme, and more. You will also be provided with the training and career opportunities you would expect with an established, ambitious, and people-focused group of companies.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.