We are always interested to receive CVs and applications from like-minded professionals working within company, trust, or fund administration, tax and accounting, or digital sectors, whether resident in any of our home jurisdictions or looking to relocate.
Corporate Governance Officer (Isle of Man Office)/* * Job detail page **/?>
At SMP, our strong corporate governance values have long been a key part of our long-term success. Over the past forty years, we have strived to foster a culture of accountability and transparency throughout the organisation. We are continuing to develop these values and identify ways that SMP can incorporate greater purpose and leadership, reduce corporate risk, and streamline our performance processes. To help us do this, we are looking for a Corporate Governance Officer to join our team and help us to shape our future.
Working within our growing corporate governance team, you will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient service that incorporates all internal administration matters to facilitate greater transparency across the Group. You will assist the team in maintaining our developing corporate governance framework and partner with colleagues across departments to support their involvement in our wider corporate governance goals.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Provide an accurate and efficient company and secretarial administration and support to all areas of the business including clients and in-house companies;
- Undertake the day to day administration of companies in a variety of jurisdictions with support from the Corporate Governance team;
- Assist with the creation and distribution of board packs and resolutions;
- Compile relevant compliance information for corporate governance purposes; and
- Deal effectively and efficiently with internal administration matters to ensure they comply with the relevant external regulations and internal company policies.
You will be an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual, with strong communication skills to advise and communicate with colleagues across the Group. The following attributes would also be advantageous:
- ICSA Certificate or CIFA qualification (previously known as the IOM Certificate in Offshore Administration) or willingness to attain;
- Sound knowledge of corporate governance and its role within an organisation;
- Experience of working in an administrative environment;
- Strong administration skills including statutory, multi-jurisdictional company secretarial, regulatory, and compliance;
- Ability to effectively manage own time and prioritise tasks.
SMP offers a performance-related bonus and a benefits package, which includes healthcare, childcare assistance, pension scheme, and more. You will also be provided with the training and career opportunities you would expect with an established, ambitious, and people-focused group of companies.
Our offices are located on the picturesque North Quay in Douglas, providing easy access to the town centre where you will find a large choice of eateries to enjoy with your team at lunch or after work. We're also well-known for our charitable contributions and annual parties, so it's not just the work you can get excited about.
Think you’ve got what it takes? To apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.