We are always interested to receive CVs and applications from like-minded professionals working within company, trust, or fund administration, tax and accounting, or digital sectors, whether resident in any of our home jurisdictions or looking to relocate.
Corporate Governance Manager (Isle of Man Office)/* * Job detail page **/?>
Since 1980, the SMP Group has grown into one of the market leaders in our space, and we believe our strong corporate governance values have played a key part in our long-term success.
Over the past forty years, we have strived to foster a culture of accountability and transparency throughout the organisation. As we continue to grow, we are continuing to develop these values and identifying ways SMP can incorporate greater purpose and leadership, reduce corporate risk, and streamline our performance processes. As such, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to help us shape our future.
Working with the Head of Corporate Governance, you will be responsible for making sure that a robust and proportionate corporate governance framework is implemented and adhered to by in-house and client companies. You will also have the opportunity to:
- Champion best practice in corporate governance across the group;
- Liaise with a broad range of directors and stakeholders within the organisation to facilitate the flow of information and provide key updates;
- Provide a secretariat service to our Boards of Directors and Committees; and
- Maintain and update the governance framework to sustain our systems, processes, and best practices across the business.
You will have strong personal skills and personal integrity to develop constructive working relationships with the Boards of Directors and colleagues across the organisation. The following attributes would also be advantageous:
- Experience of board and committee secretariat duties;
- Excellent understanding of legal requirements and best practice in private sector corporate governance, ideally in a corporate service provider environment;
- ICSA qualification/membership or a willingness to undertake this;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well to colleagues at all levels;
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise complex and competing demands; and
- Proven ability to work independently and on a self-sufficient basis.
SMP offers a performance-related bonus and a benefits package, which includes healthcare, childcare assistance, pension scheme, and more. You will also be provided with the training and career opportunities you would expect with an established, ambitious, and people-focused group of companies. Our offices are located on the picturesque North Quay in Douglas, providing easy access to the town centre where you will find a large choice of eateries, shops, and facilities for you to enjoy.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.