We are always interested to receive CVs and applications from like-minded professionals working within company, trust, or fund administration, tax and accounting, or digital sectors, whether resident in any of our home jurisdictions or looking to relocate.
Head of Compliance (Jersey Office)/* * Job detail page **/?>
The SMP Group of Companies is a rapidly developing global provider of private wealth, corporate and fund services to a global client base from seven international offices. Due to the planned expansion of our service offering and our commitment to providing best in class solutions, we are looking for a dedicated individual to lead the Compliance team in our Jersey office.
As Head of Compliance, you will be responsible for the function and delivery of compliance through the effective management of the compliance team. You will ensure the professional delivery of robust policies to meet regulatory, compliance and financial crime risk and maintain a strong compliance culture throughout the organisation. You will also have the opportunity to:
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective compliance framework and procedures, including Policy Manuals, AML Manual and a comprehensive Compliance Monitoring Plan to ensure our processes are maintained and tested in accordance with regulations;
- Assess, develop and recommend amendments to internal systems, policies and procedures to facilitate compliance with the framework;
- Deliver on an effective Compliance Monitoring Plan, delegating and supervising the timely completion of tasks to ensure the applicable policies and procedures are implemented, embedded and adhered to effectively;
- Be appointed as Compliance Officer with the Jersey Financial Services Commission and act as the principal point of contacts with them on a day-to-day basis in relation to regulatory matters;
- Engage regularly with the Board and the Group Head of Risk and Compliance to provide advice and recommendations as well as regular written reports in respect of the company’s compliance with regulatory requirements.
You will be a Jersey Entitled resident with:
- A relevant professional qualification recognised by the JFSC, including ICA Certificate or Diploma;
- Experience in the trust, corporate and fund services environment, with strong knowledge of compliance and regulation and in particular AML and CTF legislation;
- Excellent leadership skills, decision making capability and proven ability to direct and motivate a team;
- Effective problem-solving ability; able to initiate and manage change;
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to effectively work with internal and external parties; and
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to guide others to meet deadlines and targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious, international Group and play a significant part in the development of the Jersey office. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, performance-related bonus and full training with the career opportunities commensurate with a growing team sitting within a large independent group of companies.
Our offices are located in the centre of St Helier. SMP Helm Trust Company Limited is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.