We are always interested to receive CVs and applications from like-minded professionals working within company, trust, or fund administration, tax and accounting, or eGaming, whether resident in any of our home jurisdictions or looking to relocate.
Assistant Trust Manager (Cayman Islands Office)/* * Job detail page **/?>
The SMP Partners Group is a respected and trusted professional partner of a broad range of international corporate, private, and institutional clients in over 80 countries worldwide. One of our key jurisdictions is the Cayman Islands, where SMP is one of Cayman’s leading providers of corporate, trust, and fund administration services. Due to significant growth and expansion across the services in this region, our Cayman office are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic manager to join their Trusts team.
As Assistant Trust Manager, you will provide overall management and cohesive leadership to the company by working closely with the Senior Trust Manager and Managing Director of the Caribbean Region to focus on achieving long term growth, profitability, and improved market penetration for SMP Partners (Cayman). You will develop and enhance the relationships with various trust partners, plus oversee the administration and primary relationship management functions. You will also have the opportunity to undertake other duties including:
Assisting with complex and bespoke services provided to the fiduciary entities to ensure that risks are properly identified, and appropriate action plans are implemented to mitigate risks associated with fiduciary vehicles;
- Being responsible for the effective monitoring and control of fiduciary risks relating to the SMP Partners Caribbean region private client trust business;
- Providing ongoing technical advice fiduciary guidance, and assistance in fiduciary client relationship management to complex personal trust clients;
- Maintaining a high level of client service and appropriate levels of client relationship, fiduciary and financial risk;
- Undertaking the management of a designated book of fiduciary entities with the support of the team of Trust Officers;
- Day-to-day management of the trust department in the absence of the Senior Manager.
You will have a minimum of ten years’ experience in a trust or company administration/financial services environment, with a sound knowledge of both the Cayman and international trust industry. The following attributes would also be advantageous:
- Undergraduate degree or internationally recognized professional qualification such as ACIB; ICSA; STEP Designation; Chartered Association of Chartered or Certified Accountants; Associate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation; or MBA, preferably a Master of Science in Management;
- Practical experience and ability to lead a team and assist with training and development of staff;
- Fluency in spoken and written English at a professional level;
- Strong organisation and communication skills;
- Experience with preparing board and regulatory reports.
SMP offers competitive compensation and the remuneration for this role will depend on qualifications and experience. Performance-related bonus and a benefits package are also offered. To note your expression of interest in confidence, please email the Cayman HR department directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.