We are always interested to receive CVs and applications from like-minded professionals working within company, trust, or fund administration, tax and accounting, or digital sectors, whether resident in any of our home jurisdictions or looking to relocate.
Assistant Trust Manager (Cayman Islands Office)/* * Job detail page **/?>
The SMP Partners Group is one of the Cayman Island’s leading providers of corporate, trust and fund administration services. Respected and trusted as a professional partner by a broad range of international corporate, private and institutional clients, we are experiencing significant growth and expansion across the services in this region, and now need to recruit for an experienced individual to join our Trust team.
As Assistant Trust Manager, you will provide overall management and cohesive leadership to the company by working closely with the Senior Trust Manager and Managing Director of the Caribbean Region to focus on achieving long term growth, profitability, and improved market penetration for SMP Partners (Cayman). You will develop and enhance the relationships with various trust partners and oversee the administration and primary relationship management functions. You will also have the opportunity to undertake other duties including:
- Assisting with complex and bespoke services provided to the fiduciary entities to ensure that risks are properly identified, and appropriate action plans are implemented to mitigate risks associated with fiduciary vehicles;
- Being responsible for the effective monitoring and control of fiduciary risks relating to the SMP Partners Caribbean region private client trust business;
- Providing ongoing technical advice fiduciary guidance, and assistance in fiduciary client relationship management to complex personal trust clients;
- Maintaining a high level of client service and appropriate levels of client relationship, fiduciary and financial risk; and
- Undertaking the management of a designated book of fiduciary entities with the support of the team of Trust Officers.
You will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a trust or company administration/financial services environment, with a sound knowledge of both the Cayman and international trust industry. The following attributes would also be advantageous:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field from a reputable college/STEP diploma;
- Practical experience and ability to lead a team and assist with the training and development of staff whilst maintaining the company’s policies, procedures and internal controls;
- Fluency in spoken and written English at a professional level;
- Strong organisation, communication, and interpersonal skills; and
- Experience with and ability to prepare Board and Regulatory Reports.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and will be in the range of CI$80,000 – CI$100,000.
SMP offers competitive compensation and the remuneration for this role will depend on qualifications and experience. Performance-related bonus and a benefits package are also offered. To apply, please email our HR department directly at email@example.com.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit the form below and we will be in touch.