Space and Satellite
Corporate and accounting solutions to space entrepreneurs taking advantage of the Isle of Man’s high profile, rapidly growing space and satellite sector.
SMP Partners plays a key role facilitating the establishment and ongoing administration of the offshore operations of satellite launch and space companies and actively supports the Isle of Man Government in promoting the Island's pre-eminent position within the international space and satellite industry. The Isle of Man has recently been ranked as the fourth most likely nation to next put a man on the moon. Indeed, the Isle of Man space sector is one of the island's success stories with many international space and satellite companies having established operations on the island to take advantage of the Island's advantageous corporate rate of income tax and the zero rate of insurance premium tax.
With an experienced, multi-disciplined professional team, a number of whom have attended the International Space University in Strasbourg, SMP Partners offers a suite of specialist company formation and management services. Whether an innovative start up looking for an offshore presence or the offshore arm of a large and established international group, you will benefit from a unique combination of scale and resource, agility and flexibility delivered with the support of a wider community of likeminded professionals committed to the development of the Island's space industry.
SMP Partners is uniquely positioned to provide an all encompassing, "joined up" service. Not only do we advise clients on the most appropriate tax efficient corporate structure covering the complexities of VAT, and international withholding taxes, we can then implement and deliver the solution; taking ownership of the ongoing administration and the regulatory, accounting and statutory requirements. SMP Partners works closely with Mansat, an Island based consultancy tasked by the Isle of Man Government to facilitate the interests of Isle of Man registered and incorporated companies and to assist in the preparation of applications to the International Telecoms Union.
- Advice and support regarding direct taxation, VAT, ownership and corporate structure
- Advice and support regarding relocation, premises and staffing
- Incubation services including temporary or short lease premises
- Introduction to relevant Government Departments, including DTI and E-commerce teams.
- Introduction to relevant technology partners, lawyers, accountants and banks
- In addition, SMP Partners provides a range of Corporate Services designed to reduce the administrative burden and give the peace of mind that all regulatory and statutory requirements are being met.
- Company incorporation and registration
- Liaison with company's professional advisers and banks
- Provision of registered office
- Provision of qualified and experienced directors
- Holding of and preparation for Directors meetings
- Company Secretarial and Isle of Man Statutory Compliance
- Provision of full suite of accounting services, VAT and Tax Compliance
- Payroll Services